Preacher: Bro Olanrewaju Afolabi
Text: Eph 4:1-13; John 14:15-17; Act 19:11-12; Rom 8:15
Fullness means the state of being filled to the capacity/brim. Christ means the anointed one.
Fullness of Christ therefore means being filled to the capacity of the anointed one. If you don’t have the fullness of Christ, you may end up being a feast to the devil. Some know HIS name and do not know HIM. We should learn to understand our identity in Christ. John 1:1-3; 1 John 2:1-2
STEPS TO HAVING THE FULNESS OF CHRIST
- Be sold to the Lord. Eph 4:1, Rom 1:1; John 8:34; II Cor 5:17; Gal 4:7.
- Called by the Lord: This is having a divine purpose. I Chr 12:32; Act 13:36. You can only discover your purpose through Christ. Prov 20:5
- Walking in the Lord. Those who walk with God get to their destination. You can’t walk with the lord if you are living in darkness. Gal 5:16, Amos 3:3, Rom 8:38-39, Micah 6:8. God can only walk with those that are in agreement with HIM.
- A deep thirst for Christ. Phil 3:10, John 7:37, Ps 42:1-2, Eph 4:14-15.We won’t be blown away by the things of the world and different teachings of the world when we thirst for Christ.
- When we have the fullness of christ, we will be able to speak the truth in love.
“YOU WILL NEVER KNOW THE FULLNESS OF CHRIST UNTIL YOU KNOW THE EMPTINESS OF EVERYTHING”- Charles Spurgeon