PREACHER: Dr. (Mrs) Bisi Ayuba
TEXT: 2 COR 4:2; COL 4: 9-12
Faithfulness means showing constant loyalty. Num 12:7. Faithfulness is vital in our relationship with God.-1cor 4:2, 1cor 1:2. You have to discover what you are called to do; as such being faithful would not be a problem.
Phil 2:5-8- Follow the example of Jesus; Jesus was loyal, humble and obedient even unto death.
COMPONENTS OF FAITHFULNESS
- Availability- Phil 2:6, Isa 6:8. Be available for God’s service and maintain a good relationship with God.
- Humility- 1 Pet. 5:5-6. Only the humble will receive grace to complete the assignment. The question is: are you doing the work of God in humility or pride? Let us do the work of God in humility.
- You must obey all instructions regarding the work of God. Total obedience to God’s word. 2 Sam 5:18-20, Phil 2:8, Joshua 1:6-9, Luke 22:42. Jesus’ obedience was threatened.
- Commitment: be committed to the assignment. Jesus despised the shame of the cross because of His commitment to the work.
- Perseverance: faithfulness entails perseverance. Perseverance means enduring to the end. Heb 12:2, Luke 9:62. God always rewards diligence.-Luke 6:10-12
REWARDS FOR FAITHFULNESS
- Prosperity and good success- Joshua 1:6-9
- Promoted ahead of their contemporaries.
- Receive double portions of blessings.-Matt 25:14
- They are seated in the place of Glory.
More so, Moses was found faithful in the capacity of a Servant and Christ was found faithful in the capacity of a Son.