Bible Reading – Proverbs 3:1-12; Proverbs 11:14; Proverbs 12:11.
Discipline is the practical way of training people to obey rules, laws and principles. Discipline is using punishment to correct disobedience. When God loves you, He disciplines you.
Discipline also means the bridge between goals and accomplishment in life. It is what makes the difference between the rich and the poor. When you rule your mind in life, you rule the world. Self discipline is more essential for success.
Three things that defines a man
1) When a man has access to money
2) When a man has access to power
3) When a man has access to sex
When you don’t fail in the aforementioned, then you are a man.
If you are not disciplined, you have no destiny, direction and destination.
Please note that when God loves you, He sees the evil ahead of you and redirect you. James 3:2. Everyone needs corrections as we need to be disciplined.
*When God loves a man, He corrects him
* Anyone who God loves, He disciplines. To whom God loves, He rebukes.
*You are being corrected by God because it makes you a better person.
* Correction is essential for growth. Some of us are too smart for success. The longest route to success is short cut.
Don’t wait till you fall prey before you pray to be disciplined. You must be humble enough to discipline yourself.
In conclusion, the pain of discipline will never be as great as the pain of regret.