Identity of Peter
1. The very first disciple of Jesus- First called by Jesus, He is just like the foundation member in our denomination.
2. The Boldest among all, the boldest witness- very bold christian
3. Peter who was the inner circle of our Lord with John & James. Just like the closest friends of Pastors, the choir, the instrumentalist, the Pastors, the Ushers, the Deaconates, the church council members.
4. Peter who saw great & mighty revelation, at the transfiguration hill, he saw Moses, Elijah and Jesus radiant in glory. Those who saw great dimension of Faith
5. Peter who walked on water, no other person did that in the scripture. Those who did exploit.
6. Peter the most outspoken & mouthpiece of Christ. Just like some in the church today. Beloved, can you believe this same great man later became a spokesman for the devil who allowed his heart to be used by the devil: When you sow a thought you reap a feeling, Sow a feeling you reap an action, sow an action you reap a habit, sow a habit, you reap a lifestyle, sow a lifestyle you reap a destiny.
The scripture says in Psalm 139:23-24, search me, God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me in the way everlasting.
In Matthew 16:21-23, Jesus told them what he must do to fulfill the purpose of God.
1. He must go to Jerusalem
2. He must be killed
3. He must resurrect
Peter seriously rebuked the Lord by:
1. Taking Jesus to a private place which makes it more dangerous – be careful of people who talk to you in private and altar words like; do not allow the Pastor to know, your mother must not know, I like coding my own things.
2. He showed concern, beloved listen, any concern that does not line up with God is satanic.
3. Peter shows selfish love. Peter did everything to talk you out of the will of God. Be careful of people who wants to talk you out of God’s will. Peter spoke false and not the truth, you shall know the truth the bible says.
There are people that spoke in the full capacity, you might want to believe that young prophet and old. Jesus said get behind me that means you must not put temptation before you.
Remember this statement was first said by Jesus in Matthew 4 when He was rebuking Satan, but this time, He came through Peter in Matthew 4:10.
Don’t be the reason why someone fell, Luke 17:1. Jesus said to His disciples things that cause people to stumble are bond to come but woe to anyone through whom they come.