Ichabod is an Hebrew word meaning ‘departed Glory. The word Chabod means glory. Little things added to the word took the glory away. 1 Samuel 4:1.
The Israelite lost the battle immediately the ark of God was taken from them. The Church should be the solution of the world but the more the world consult the church the more their problems compound.
The presence of the glory of God symbolizes power which no man can overcome. We are in an era where men think they still have the presence of God when in actual sense, they have nothing in them.
Until you stop carrying the ark of God (presence of God) with a sinful heart, you keep losing battles. Woe unto a man who has a shepherd that is not under the Great Shephard (God).
When a Shephard is not in tune with his maker (God), the death of his members are imminent.
The sins committed by the sons of Prophet Eli in the presence of God caused God not to harken to the prayers of the people in the temple. An example of this can be seen in the life of Hannah, she went to Shiloh almost every year, yet her prayer was not answered.
REASONS GLORY DEPART
1. When you take what belongs to God. 1 Samuel 2:13-14
2. When you mislead Gods people. 1 Samuel 2:3
3. When you commit adultery. 1 Samuel 2:22
4. When the law of the Lord is held with unclean hands.
CONSEQUENCIES OF CARRYING GOD WITH SINFUL HANDS
1. Untimely Death, 1 Samuel 4:18. Nothing kills faster than a man who carries God with a sinful hand.
2. It affects generations to come. 1 Samuel 4:21
The moment glory leaves, the end of it is destruction. It is not too late for you to come back to your Maker. He is willing to accept you today.
1. O God! Return my lost glory
2. Take me out of prison and return me to the Palace.
3. Every negative government/kingdom/power presiding over my life, lose your authority and relevance.