BIBLE READING: Isaiah 53:2-7
The sermon of silence that the Lord Jesus preached is the most powerful one. The major sermon that Jesus preached was on the cross. There are Seven (7) statements that was spoken by Jesus on the cross, Jesus spent 6hours on the cross.
7 words of Jesus on the cross
1. Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.
2. Today you will be with in paradise.
3. Woman Behold thy Son, Son behold thy Mother.
4. My God, my God, why are have thy forsaken me?
5. I thirst
6. It is Finished
7. Father, into your hand I commend my spirit
The Whole Seven (7) words on the cross was spoken within 25 seconds out of Six (6) hours Jesus spent on the cross, then what was Jesus Christ saying with remaining 5hours, 59 minutes and 35 seconds? He was praying for us (i.e. during his silence moment) 1 Peter 2:23.
1. Meekness is not a sign of weakness. True test of discipleship is not when you can preach, pay tithe, or when you hold an office what makes you a true child of God is when you carry your cross. Every cross is divinity because it is make by Him and for humanity to carry.
2. The challenges you are facing is for you to be free nothing is free, even salvation. There is a cross you must carry, but sometimes we are impatient and we want to cut corners.
3. You learn nothing in good time, but you learn a lot during challenges because there is a system in the kingdom. Therefore when you are facing challenges Jesus is telling you to carry your cross and say nothing (complain not). Everyone has a cross to bear (Isaiah 53:2)
I challenge you that this life is not a bed of roses. Jesus Christ is encouraging us that there is a message in silence, for meekness is not a sign of weakness.